Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Where oh where is the summer?

Oh my gosh! Where did the summer go? Suddenly the thirty something has been replaced by about 5 degrees. Today we had rain, then hail and the sky was very black but with a beautiful rainbow this morning.

I haven't quite finished harvesting but not much to do, just dig the potatoes. All in all the garden did fairly well except for some reason the cucumbers just recently produced cucumbers. I enjoyed growing things even if there was not a lot of yield.

I am now so busy back at the school, teaching a home ec course and doing  the hot lunch program with the kids. So much work some days I just don't stop from the time I get there, around 7:30 am till I leave sometime after 4:00 or 5:00. Some days all I think about is food, food and more food. Kids are liking the food though, and enjoying being in the kitchen. That is very gratifying.

No comments: